Black screen on boot up

Reaction score
Recently my computer as began to crash into black screen with only my mouse visible, when I try to restart my laptop it comes up with the Acer logo then when it should go to the login screen it just black screens with mouse, is there any ideas on what is causing this?
Cheers Jag

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Recently my computer as began to crash into black screen with only my mouse visible, when I try to restart my laptop it comes up with the Acer logo then when it should go to the login screen it just black screens with mouse, is there any ideas on what is causing this?
Cheers Jag
Hi do you use a password to log in, if you do then when mouse pointer in centre type in your password and hit enter, that should get you into windows so you can get into safe mode to see what has happened.
Has the problem started since an update
Have you installed something before it happened.
It could be Malware causing it
Await your reply

Reaction score
Cheers Jag

Assuming you have Windows 10.
After Win 10 was installed, did you make a bootable DVD or USB?
If you did.................
1. Go to the BIOS and make sure the boot order is CD/DVD or USB, depending which bootable media you are going to use.
2. Insert the bootable media.
3. Restart the computer.
4. At the Install Now or Repair window, select Repair.
5. Follow the prompts from then on.

Ask a Question