Win 10 on boot black screen for 15 min without post info and then login screen

Reaction score
Hello
For a period of one month and a half, I’m facing a black screen problem without a cursor before the login screen. I have the latest VGA and monitor drivers installed. I tried to uninstall the graphics card and reinstalled it in another slot but nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics card driver. I check all devices to isolate any faulty one but still nothing. I made a restore to a previous point but still nothing. The weird is that the problem occurs only in cold boot or after hibernating. If I’m making a restart, it’s booting fine and fast. I’ve updated all my drivers but the problem persists. Finally I deleted everything and made a clean installation of win 10. I thought it was solved but at the next cold boot it took 15 minutes to boot to the login screen. I replaced the cmos battery and reset the bios. I also have all the programs at start up deactivated so there is no delay due to it. I can’t figure out what the problem is. If after 15 minutes finally get in to windows, everything seems to work fine. I used an old monitor and it boots ok. I noticed that the next day following a power outage, it was booted fine. But then again, the sameCan you help me please?
Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As a test can you take a look at your power options
Right click the Start Button and from the context menu choose Power Options (should be near the top)
From the left column select "Choose what the power buttons do"
Near the top select the link that says "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
Click the Save changes button
Test and see if that helps.

Ask a Question