Black screen on boot, restart, It looks like windows (10) hasn't loaded correctly

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for your help in advance :)

Here's what happens:

- Start PC
- See windows Logo + loading dots
- Black screen
- Then I have to manually turn it off on the button
- After I turn it on and off a couple of times, it shows me the windows Recovery screen
"it looks like Windows hasn't loaded correctly"

I tried the solution from this thread: https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...oks-like-windows-hasnt-loaded-correctly.6917/ which was to remove the video drivers in Safe Mode, but I still have the same problem.

Also - I can enter safe mode, but when I try to enter safe mode without networking it freezes on loading and I get BSOD: Machine Check Exception.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Someone else may have suggestions for you to try but I only had a Black Screen issue once. In my situation, I waited a period of time and it came back by itself... Since you have restarted the system your current situation may now be different.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
During your attempts to boot the machine properly, instead of resorting to "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" have you attempt the "Disable early launch anti-malware protection" option, choice #8 I believe.
To see if that might help the system load.

Reaction score
During your attempts to boot the machine properly, instead of resorting to "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" have you attempt the "Disable early launch anti-malware protection" option, choice #8 I believe.
To see if that might help the system load.

Tried it - still not working.

Ask a Question