Black screen when booting from USB

Reaction score
Hello!

I have recently bought a motherboard: Asus H110M-R bulk and a processor: Intel Kaby Lake Pentium Dual Core G4560 3.5GHz. The processor has an Intel HD 610 video card in it.

I have put windows 10(I even tried with windows 7 and 8.1 as well) on a USB stick(flash drive) from an laptop.
Before booting them on my computer I tried them on laptop, booted very well.
In case of win10 and win8 I got a black screen after I selected the flash drive to boot.
On windows 7 I got 800x600 resolution and 4 bit grapics.

How can I solve this problem and have windows 10 installed on my pc, please?

Edit1: After I got black screen my pc is still working(I checked my caps look key) so it's from low drivers that win10 has already in it's installer.(maybe my integrated video card it's too new??)

Last edited:

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Well you could integrate the newer video card drivers into the installation disk -> USB that you would need before going down that route.

Something like NTlite free should do that job.

Reaction score
You do have it set to boot to the usb drive in the bios? You shouldn't need any drivers to boot to Windows. The vga/dvi/hdmi cable is good?

Reaction score
Excuse me but does it looks like I am a retard? Haven't it tried many times before to post here? Haven't I research days or even tried other methods that didn't work ffs?
You do have it set to boot to the usb drive in the bios? You shouldn't need any drivers to boot to Windows. The vga/dvi/hdmi cable is good?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You shouldn't need any drivers to boot to Windows.
Agreed.
I've never had problems booting from installation media, as long as the media was prepared in a manner so as to support the BIOS (UEFI or Legacy).
Existing drivers, that is..... those that might be present in an existing installation may have some impact (most often later in the installation process) but on a clean install, I've not had any problems.
There is what appears to be a new BIOS Update for that board, which purports to Improve System Performance, not sure if that would help with your issue or not.

Ask a Question