Black screen

Reaction score
I wonder if you can help me

I have two desktop computers a Lenovo about 3 years old and Zoostorm about 6 years old.

Both run Win 10, the Lenovo will not update to the latest version whereas the Zoostorm is on 21H1

The Lenovo went to a black screen when a software update (IO Bit driver booster) went wrong, it said reboot which I did and got the black screen

I have used MS recovery discs but cant seem to boot the system

I copied my Zoostorm system and have the recovery usb

When I put the recovery usb or disc into the Lenovo computer

It does not recognize either usb or disc

When I switch on and press "enter" repeatedly I can get F1, F10 & F12

I have done all the extended tests and all have passed yet I cannot boot into the operating system

What am I doing wrong, please help

Brian Whyte

Reaction score
First off, the recovery disk/USB from your Zoostorm system will not work on your Lenovo. Not only will all the device drivers be wrong but Windows configures itself as it installs based on the hardware it's running on. Thus your Zoostorm and Lenovo Windows systems are significantly different.

I would suggest that you remove the drive from the Lenovo, insert it into a USB caddy and plug it into the Zoostrom system to copy all your user data off it. Then plug it back in to the Lenovo, download a copy of Windows 10 21H2 via the Media Creation Tool to a USB drive and do a fully clean install of Windows on your Lenovo from that.

Reaction score
I thank the reply that explained that I could not use a Zoostorm disc on a Lenovo computer
I do not have the expertise to open the Lenovo desktop computer and take out the hard drive as instructed

Ask a Question