blocked computer

Reaction score
Blocked computer appears & screen blanks except 3 postings. Front posting istates that defender has blocked computer due to virus & contact 1-800....MSN tech answers with middle eastern or Spanish accent and leads you through 30 min fis then goes solo for 35 mins or so. At the end he sells you a this wont happen to you again "package" of virus protection for immediately-$149.99, 1 year -$199.98, 2years -$299.99, 3 years -$399.99 etc 5yrs and 7yrs. You can use your debit or credit c ard for the lenght of time desired...oh can't pay today...fine, give me your card information I'll keep and you call me back the day before you intend to pay and we will finish the transaction the next day. They didn't call you.....you called them. Legit or scam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
SCAM ! ! ! !

You dont get your pc fixed but it will be used to distribute more malware. Your computer is compromised. Reinstall everything from scratch and I mean delete everything on your computer and start installing your windows again.

and please do not use Caps, it is considered yelling....

Reaction score
I also hope you did not allow them "Remote Access" to your computer????????. Very bad for you if you did!!!!!!!. Did you install any apps as advised by them???. :(

Reaction score
I hope you didn’t give them any card details? If you did then most likely they’ll be using it, I recommend cancelling the card & checking for unauthorised/unknown transactions.
If you gave them access to the PC your passwords & information may also be compromised along with the PC.

Reaction score
Can you access internet? If you can download Spybot Search And Destroy and run it, that may get rid of it.

Ask a Question