Blocking internet on browser while still allowing Intranet and Outlook emails

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking into a way on how to block the internet on a few work machines while still allowing access to our intranet and also getting and sending emails on outlook exchange online.

In the past, I would simply put in a fake proxy in the proxy settings for example 0.0.0.0 I know this is kind of lazy and easy but it works for me and I can lock the settings down using group policy. But this pretty much disables outlook then. I could put in an exception for the proxy settings, but I don't know what IP addresses or domain name to use. I did a little bit of research and found this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/of...s-ranges-8548a211-3fe7-47cb-abb1-355ea5aa88a2 but I'm still unsure what address or IP to use as an exception....Or perhaps I'm looking at this wrong and maybe there is an better alternative way to going about this task. Any help, suggestions, or tips will be appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The easiest way to do this would probably be via your Firewall / Router, assuming it allows for advanced rules. You may be able to use Windows firewall to block *everything*, then allow an exception for your intranet domain and Exchange ports/domain - however this 2nd method would be easier to bypass.

Ask a Question