Blue Screen on W10 Home v.1903

Reaction score
Own Acer E5-576-392H, purchased in Sept2019.
Samsung EVO 1tb SSD, 16mb ram. I am attaching a couple of screen shots w/ hope that someone can direct me. ContactedAcer support and they indicate that may have corrupt W10 and they will send out USB w/ W10 reinstall. If any can review these screen shot and comment. Much appreciated. 7436BB3A-3ECB-4E28-AF4B-AAFC6B774177.jpeg

Attachments

• B7366E6F-6AA7-44C9-9A38-2217D4B5662E.jpeg
    B7366E6F-6AA7-44C9-9A38-2217D4B5662E.jpeg
    702.4 KB · Views: 234
  • F8F6FF30-C9B7-4C33-97F2-43DC4848E308.jpeg
    F8F6FF30-C9B7-4C33-97F2-43DC4848E308.jpeg
    588.6 KB · Views: 265

Regedit32

Reaction score
I would recommend following the advice of Acer Support, given taking any other action may void your Warranty with them.

The error code you are receiving can occur for many reasons:
  • A corrupted SAM [ i.e. your Security Account Manager ]
  • A corrupted System [ i.e. one or more System files are damaged that are linked to your bootup ]
  • File Integrity Failure [ i.e. multiple System files are corrupted / damaged ]
  • Faulty Hardware [ i.e. Normally when one or more sticks of RAM has died or become dislodged from its seating. However, in some instances a damaged Hard drive or SSD drive could result in the error code you are seeing ]
Some of these corruptions can be caused by a power surge, a failure to shutdown safely, sector errors on Disk which will result in Disk write errors that prevent a bootup, or from a virus/malware infection.

If any of the above possible causes of types of errors, that would trigger the error code you are seeing ring a bell per se, I'd highly recommend informing Acer's contact center - if you have not already done so - before following through with the current repair plan that is in action already [ i.e. the fact they are sending you a Windows 10 build on a USB ]. I recommend this, as it may mean any instructions they are / or have given, for repair action may need adjusting.

On a more positive note - the good news is in most instances running Windows 10 Recovery, then accessing the Command Console and entering a series of commands will quickly resolve your issue. The repair may take a few minutes if its corrupted System files or the SAM file itself. If it is faulty hard ware, then that also can easily be fixed, albeit a little more time consuming.

I' not sure what Acer plan to do - they may go for the 'treat User like an novice ' approach and simply instruct you to re-install Windows 10 completely, which in most cases would result in a fix too. The catch being that will take 30 minutes or more. You ought to be able to reinstall Windows 10 and keep personal files or third party applications, assuming of course none of these are infected by malware.

Good luck with Acer Support!

Regards,

Regedit32

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Bassfisher your reply is much appreciated. What I am seeing when I do this process:

Attachments

• 0217D75E-7A45-4EDC-BFC6-3FABEAB9EE85.jpeg
    0217D75E-7A45-4EDC-BFC6-3FABEAB9EE85.jpeg
    702.4 KB · Views: 214
Reaction score
I would recommend following the advice of Acer Support, given taking any other action may void your Warranty with them.

The error code you are receiving can occur for many reasons:
  • A corrupted SAM [ i.e. your Security Account Manager ]
  • A corrupted System [ i.e. one or more System files are damaged that are linked to your bootup ]
  • File Integrity Failure [ i.e. multiple System files are corrupted / damaged ]
  • Faulty Hardware [ i.e. Normally when one or more sticks of RAM has died or become dislodged from its seating. However, in some instances a damaged Hard drive or SSD drive could result in the error code you are seeing ]
Some of these corruptions can be caused by a power surge, a failure to shutdown safely, sector errors on Disk which will result in Disk write errors that prevent a bootup, or from a virus/malware infection.

If any of the above possible causes of types of errors, that would trigger the error code you are seeing ring a bell per se, I'd highly recommend informing Acer's contact center - if you have not already done so - before following through with the current repair plan that is in action already [ i.e. the fact they are sending you a Windows 10 build on a USB ]. I recommend this, as it may mean any instructions they are / or have given, for repair action may need adjusting.

On a more positive note - the good news is in most instances running Windows 10 Recovery, then accessing the Command Console and entering a series of commands will quickly resolve your issue. The repair may take a few minutes if its corrupted System files or the SAM file itself. If it is faulty hard ware, then that also can easily be fixed, albeit a little more time consuming.

I' not sure what Acer plan to do - they may go for the 'treat User like an novice ' approach and simply instruct you to re-install Windows 10 completely, which in most cases would result in a fix too. The catch being that will take 30 minutes or more. You ought to be able to reinstall Windows 10 and keep personal files or third party applications, assuming of course none of these are infected by malware.

Good luck with Acer Support!

Regards,

Regedit32
Thanks Regedit32,
Surprisingly, Acer support experience was not too painful. Once they realized that their recommendations was not working ie: alt/f10; F1; and the only response was with F8 which takes me to the bios etc. Acer wanted to get me off support and then indicated they send usb w/w10 and procedure. Thanks again.

Ask a Question