Bluetooth disappears

Reaction score
Hi, so I believe this started with the latest intel update.

I use a Silhouette machine (like a cricut) via bluetooth. It connects and works fine, but as soon as I disconnect it, the bluetooth options disappear from my PC. It is no longer in the quick options. If I go to the bluetooth settings, there is no where to turn it on. In device manager, it shows only when I show hidden devices.

I have tried all the fixes I could find. I uninstalled it from device manager, and then tried reinstalling and scanning for changes but it doesn't show up. I've tried going to services and stopping and restarting the bluetooth support service. I've run a virus scan. The only way it comes back, is after I restart the computer.

Please help if you can!

Reaction score
There are so many versions of blue tooth and windows BT has always sucked for my. I now use BT devices that come with their own dongle. The only problem I've had was with my logitech headset. The sound cut out one day and I was past the return date and was, "upset in spades". That's the G rated version of how I felt. I bought another set and after a while, they went out. But then I connected the old ones and now they work. I have since figured out that if I unplug the dongle, count the ten and put back, it's all good. So now I have a set for my desktop and my laptop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You didn't state what operating system you have installed. This solution is for the latest version of windows 10. When you hit the start menu button at bottom left, your list of programs should appear. On the right side you may see a list of boxes with various names. If settings is there, click on it, if it's not you will need to scroll through everything on the left until you find settings. You can at this point right click and choose the option pin to start, otherwise just hit settings. One of the available options should be " Devices " it should list Bluetooth, Printers, Mouse, ect click on this. You should now see a big + sign that says add bluetooth or other device, with connected devices below that, If yours shows but doesn't work, click on it and hit remove device. Now click on the +, You should now see a short list with different types of devices, pick the category that your device fits into and click on it. Your device needs to be on and you may have a button on your device that puts out a signal the computer can recognize. You need to push that on your device. The computer or laptop should show that it's searching for a new device, if/when yours shows up, just follow the directions to connect them. I have a Bluetooth keyboard that doesn't work sometimes and this is how I fix it. If this works, please come back here and say so. If it doesn't work, come back and say it didn't work. This will help others in the future who have this problem. If you have a different version of Windows, the procedure will be a bit different. In that case do an online search for, " How to connect (your device type or name) to Windows (OS Version) Bluetooth. This should find you the correct way for your system. Sorry this dragged out, but I didn't know what OS you have. I hope this helps.

Reaction score

I use a Silhouette machine (like a cricut) via bluetooth. It connects and works fine, but as soon as I disconnect it, the bluetooth options disappear from my PC. It is no longer in the quick options. If I go to the bluetooth settings, there is no where to turn it on. In device manager, it shows only when I show hidden devices.

I have tried all the fixes I could find. I uninstalled it from device manager, and then tried reinstalling and scanning for changes but it doesn't show up. I've tried going to services and stopping and restarting the bluetooth support service. I've run a virus scan. The only way it comes back, is after I restart the computer.

Please help if you can!

Reaction score

Please help if you can!
Don't know if this will work but I found a simple fix for my recurrent bluetooth problems. Turn off your pc, pull out the power cord, and push the pc off/on switch, holding for at least 10 sec. Reboot the pc and repeat the disconnect. This eliminates any static electricity buildup and restores a missing processor. I have no idea how to prevent a recurrence but this has worked every time and takes only a few minutes.
Good luck

Reaction score
It's a Silhouette problem. I have a Cameo and have lost the b'tooth connection many, many times. I now just use an extra long USB cord and avoid the frustration and wasted time. No problems with any of my other device, it even finds my tv, I didn't know it had bluetooth.

Ask a Question