SOLVED Bluetooth is not working on my PC even with a Bluetooth adapter

Reaction score
1. Bluetooth icon in the windows settings is missing. (image link: )
2. Bluetooth Adapter is listed in the device manager (image link: ). I tried to update the drivers but it said they are already updated.
3. I have enabled all Bluetooth-related services in the Services App (image link: ).
4. I have disabled the Fast start-up option in power settings (most tutorials recommended doing that).
5. I have tried running the DISM and SFC scan command in cmd.
6. I also tried running the windows troubleshooter It said the Device is not detected.
7. Then I installed the latest intel Bluetooth drivers and even they didn't work.
But I can still not solve the problem. Kindly, help me solve it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If your Bluetooth is disabled then do the following to enable it.
Uninstall the device from device manager and restart Bluetooth service.
Start > services.msc
Right-click "Bluetooth Support Service."
Choose Automatic.
Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Install the Bluetooth device drivers from the manufacturer's website, if any.

If the device isn’t showing under device manager or under show hidden devices then shutdown the pc, unplug the power cable & then reconnect, then go to device manager & see if there’s any unknown devices showing, if so uninstall this & then scan for hardware changes & hopefully Bluetooth will reappear.

You might have to reinstall an older driver via the device’s entry within device manager if it doesn’t show then check under show hidden devices.
Right click device.
Choose update driver.
Choose ‘browse my computer for drivers’.
Choose ‘let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer’.
Choose the compatible hardware from the list, then choose next.
Choose one of the older drivers from the list shown, then click next.
This will then reinstall the driver.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi Bastet,
This solution worked.
Thanks for being so helpful,
I was looking for a solution to this everywhere. I also asked this question in many other forums, but none of them worked. But when I uninstalled the unknown devices and then clicked update driver I chose Bluetooth Radio and it worked.
Thanks once again, for your time.

Ask a Question