Bluetooth mouse stops working

Reaction score
My Bluetooth mouse just "stalls" or maybe goes to sleep after successfully being paired. At then at unexpected times, it just stops working. The remedy? Open the Bluetooth icon in the tray, then open "show Bluetooth devices". And then magically, the mouse starts to work again. This just started to happen with Win10 upgrade. In any other OS it's not problem.

Reaction score
Not sure why, but I had the same problem right after, in fact during, the Windows 10 upgrade. I had to plug in a wired USB mouse and thankfully, Windows detected it and let me continue.

My solution was simple - I put fresh batteries in the mouse. No problems since. I suppose it was just a coincidence the batteries drained enough at that point to cause the mouse to cease working, but it is something worth checking just the same.

Reaction score
I checked the batteries. They're brand new. I thought maybe it was an intermittent connection issue but pretty much ruled that out too. So why does the mouse come to life when I pull up the Bluetooth devices dropdown list in the tray, then as soon as I click on "show Bluetooth devices" it instantly starts? I think this rules out any power on issues. And no it's not a Apple mouse.

Reaction score
Hi all, just upgraded to 10, I have a Dell Bluetooth Travel mouse. It has worked famously until now. It worked fine after the upgrade. I shut down and went to work fired up the laptop and the mouse. It worked for about 10 min. then stopped. I dinked around with it most of the day hating that I had to use the mouse pad... What a POS. Anyway finally after uninstalling and re-installing BT drivers and the Mouse it started working again.... Lasted for about 10 min.... This morning I just uninstalled the Mouse and reinstalled.... Worked again for about 10 min. In between there were times when it wouldn't even see it. One thing I will do is replace the batteries but they're relatively fresh so not expecting much there...... HELP ME Mr Wizards out there..... Did I say how much I HATE using the mouse pad.... Arrggghhh

Reaction score
Hi all, just upgraded to 10, I have a Dell Bluetooth Travel mouse. It has worked famously until now. It worked fine after the upgrade. I shut down and went to work fired up the laptop and the mouse. It worked for about 10 min. then stopped. I dinked around with it most of the day hating that I had to use the mouse pad... What a POS. Anyway finally after uninstalling and re-installing BT drivers and the Mouse it started working again.... Lasted for about 10 min.... This morning I just uninstalled the Mouse and reinstalled.... Worked again for about 10 min. In between there were times when it wouldn't even see it. One thing I will do is replace the batteries but they're relatively fresh so not expecting much there...... HELP ME Mr Wizards out there..... Did I say how much I HATE using the mouse pad.... Arrggghhh
Update..... OK I changed the batteries uninstalled the mouse again, ran through the discovery stuff and reinstalled the mouse.... So far it's been running for several hours without issue.... Will keep you posted if it can survive a shutdown and restart later today. Crap..... Seems I spoke too soon, it just quit..... Unf'ing believable.

Reaction score
My Bluetooth mouse just "stalls" or maybe goes to sleep after successfully being paired. At then at unexpected times, it just stops working. The remedy? Open the Bluetooth icon in the tray, then open "show Bluetooth devices". And then magically, the mouse starts to work again. This just started to happen with Win10 upgrade. In any other OS it's not problem.
hi I have same problem Bluetooth keyboard and mouse they wont work when I login to windows so have to use old tech IE usb keyboard .then when ive logged in have to reinstall the 2 devices .also my graphics are rubbish .so ive gone back to windows 8.1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just gave up and replaced the mouse with a new Logitech and with the USB antenna.... Works great and I gave my old BT mouse to someone with an older O/S.... For me resolved.

Ask a Question