SOLVED Bottom Task Bar Issue

Reaction score
On my laptop, the bottom task bar suddenly expanded and now covers about a third of the screen. Shutting the computer off and restating did not change that. Any ideas on how to get it back down? Can't use the computer as it is. I'm posting this from the desktop.

Reaction score
On my laptop, Lenovo T430S, I just now moved the cursor to the top of the task bar, left-clicked and held the button down, and dragged the top of the task bar up and back down to its original position. Like enlarging one side of a window. Have you tried that?

Reaction score
Greetings Amadeus~

I would also suggest, that you RIGHT CLICK on any BLANK area of the taskbar and look and see if 'Lock the taskbar' is NOT checked.. if it IS checked .. uncheck it .. and proceed as Charliedog suggested by left-clicking and holding at the top of the taskbar, the cursor will change to a 'double arrowed' shape and then you can drag it to the size you desire, and then right-click again on any BLANK area of the taskbar and place a checkmark on Lock the taskbar, which will lock it into place.

Hope that helps.
~LoneWolf

Reaction score
As lonewolf says - and then lock it again so that the problem will not come back!

Reaction score
The task bar can be resized just like any other window. Hover you mouse over the top edge and when the double arrow show, right click it and drag it to whatever height you wish.

Reaction score
I did check to see if the task bar was unlocked. ran the cursor over the top until it turned to the double arrow and fixed the size. I figured it was something simple, just wasn't sure where to look. Thanks guys, I have my laptop back. didn't think to lock the taskbar, but I will now.

Ask a Question