Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller Not Found

Reaction score
I checked the connection from the modem to the desktop and both ends are lit up, which tells me it's not the NIC card. When I goto Device Manager and click it, device status is This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

So now I uninstalled the driver and am waiting on my PC to reboot.

Nothing changed. I disabled it, re-enabled it and it still has that damned yellow exclamation point on it. Anyone know a fix for this? I'd really hate to have to roll back to Windows 7 already.

I need a fix before the morning because I need to login to work and get some stuff done and I *prefer* my desktop.

Thank you everyone.

Reaction score
w8upmg.jpg

Reaction score
Did that. Now I'm getting "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31).

Reaction score
I even tried the 64 bit diagnostics and it keeps telling me that my system can't run it. Ughhhhh. I'm sick of Windows 10 already.

Reaction score
Hello, I had the same problem after installing Windows 10 on my HP XW4600 desktop with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet. What finally fixed the problem for me was to install an older version 14.2.0.5 of the driver that I got from HP's support website.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello range16, welcome to the forum.
That is good to know.
I'll file that away for future reference.
Often times, especially in the case of laptops it is best to fall back on the computer manufacturer's drivers. Sometimes the hardware devices are customized by the vendor for that specific laptop and the chipset maker's driver will not seem to get the job done.
Thank You.

Reaction score
Hello, I had the same problem after installing Windows 10 on my HP XW4600 desktop with Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet. What finally fixed the problem for me was to install an older version 14.2.0.5 of the driver that I got from HP's support website.

Thank you. I'll try that now! Mind you this is acting up on a DELL OPTIPLEX 745 desktop.

Ask a Question