WiFi problems after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 on Acer Aspire w Broadcom

Reaction score
Acer Aspire 3820TG will not connect to one of the WiFi routers at home ("Limited Access" = no access). Works with one but not the other WiFi router. The Broadcom 802.11n network adapter says:
Device PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4357&SUBSYS_E021105B&REV_01\4&358c9cc3&0&00E1 requires further installation.

I'm not techie enough to know what to do. None of the typical Win 10-fixes works. Pls help.

BR Tomas

Reaction score
Hi Thomas, I have an Acer Aspire. When I went to Windows 10 I had a lot of trouble with my internet connection and wifi too. I tried everything. After awhile I gave up. I went and bought a new modem and started all over again, and then it all worked. It cost me a new modem, but it saved me all the frustration. Hope it all works out ok for you. Cheers, God bless, Ken.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Works with one but not the other WiFi router
Examine the 2 routers and determine the difference between the two in respect to the channel, encryption and assuming both are using WPA2 then take a look and see if one is using AES as opposed to TKIP, see if you can make them identical.

Reaction score
Examine the 2 routers and determine the difference between the two in respect to the channel, encryption and assuming both are using WPA2 then take a look and see if one is using AES as opposed to TKIP, see if you can make them identical.

Thanks Acer Guy and Trouble! I'll try some settings. BR /Tomas

Reaction score
The old router was set to AES (only) and the new one TKIP + AES. So I set the old one also to TKIP + AES and this seem to have solved the problem. Thanks for the help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question