SOLVED BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG Violation

Reaction score
Recently, when I go and stream videos my computer crashes with a BSOD. The cause during the BSDOD is a DPC_WATCHDOG Violation. I have factory reset my machine, made sure my drivers are updated, verified I have all of the Windows updates, and yet am still having troubles while watching Netflix or Hulu. Here is a link to my Google Drive where I have placed the minidumps and any reports I thought necessary: BSOD Files.

Any thoughts/ideas on what might be going and how to resolve this?

Thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Recently, when I go and stream videos my computer crashes with a BSOD. The cause during the BSDOD is a DPC_WATCHDOG Violation. I have factory reset my machine, made sure my drivers are updated, verified I have all of the Windows updates, and yet am still having troubles while watching Netflix or Hulu. Here is a link to my Google Drive where I have placed the minidumps and any reports I thought necessary: BSOD Files.

Any thoughts/ideas on what might be going and how to resolve this?

Thank you
For some reason WinDbg is still having some issues diagnosing some dump files.
The two you've posted are large full memory dumps (1.5 megs each) and I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with it or not.
The only problem I can see that is identified in anyway as being a problem is the driver for your wireless adapter which seems to have a Realtek chipset (rtwlane.sys)
My suggestion would be to go directly to ASUS and use their support link specific for your laptop to download their driver for your wireless adapter (assuming it is integrated and not a USB Dongle that you've added).
made sure my drivers are updated
Very often some laptop components are tweaked just enough so as to result in some issues when using updated drivers directly from the device (realtek) manufacturer's site.
While checking with ASUS you may also want to double check and confirm that you have their latest firmware (BIOS) for your X555LAB notebook (specific for your exact computer).

I'm certainly no crash dump expert but that's where I would start looking.
Since your particular issue would seem to be linked to streaming video from Netflix and Hulu.
IF your computer is equipped with an Ethernet port, you might try using that to see if it produces the same error.
Maybe disable the wireless adapter in device manager and go wired Ethernet temporarily just to test.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.
Thanks for the follow-up info
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question