Reaction score
Hi,

First, here are my computer specs below:

Manufacturer: ASUS
Model: GL552VW
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
Ram: 4 GB
System type: 64 bit

I recently had the BSOD happening to my new laptop this afternoon. The two error messages that were shown before the crash were:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}
and APPID
{4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

And

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}
and APPID
{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I contacted Microsoft support and the chat representative directed me to download their media creation tool and do an update from there.

What I would like to double check is: Does this fix the issue completely?

Another thing is that I have noticed other fixes such as going into the regedit and fixing it from there. I asked customer support about this and he said that this might fix the issue but also may cause more problems instead.

So, my big question is: What should I do to fix this issue?

P.S.: side note, I also have error 219 and error 17

error 17

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x3
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0xA113
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

error 219
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&1.

Not sure if that will affect the system in any way.

Thank you and I appreciate the help.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Edith,

Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like they are suggesting to do at a minimum an in-place upgrade of Windows 10, which in effect would install Windows 10 over the top of current install. That may resolve things.

Unless they want you to create a DVD so you can run advanced repairs - which may also help.

So far as the particular ClassID and AppID you are experiencing issues with I posted an article on our forum on how to modify the Distributed Com the error message says you can do.

The article actually deals with the specific keys you posted in your error message.

You can read that here: https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/event-id-10016-distributedcom.47/

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
He wanted me to do an update from the media creation tool on the laptop. Apparently he said it's suppose to fix the issue but didn't clarify how.

Thanks for the guide. I'll look at it and decide what I'll do with it. I'm just afraid of messing something up because I'm not used to Windows 10.

I might try updating via the tool as he said and see if it causes any more errors.

Reaction score
Hi Edith,

Welcome to the Forum!

It sounds like they are suggesting to do at a minimum an in-place upgrade of Windows 10, which in effect would install Windows 10 over the top of current install. That may resolve things.

Unless they want you to create a DVD so you can run advanced repairs - which may also help.

So far as the particular ClassID and AppID you are experiencing issues with I posted an article on our forum on how to modify the Distributed Com the error message says you can do.

The article actually deals with the specific keys you posted in your error message.

You can read that here: https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/event-id-10016-distributedcom.47/

Regards,

Regedit32

I followed your instructions and I managed to get rid of the error at startup! However there was another error there was well. Also 10016:

and APPID
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I tried to follow your steps again but when I wanted to search for the AppID in Component Service, it did not show up. I don't know which file to give the permission to and I'm not sure which USER I should add (Still SYSTEM?)

Thanks so much for the help again.

Reaction score
The 10016 errors normally will not cause a BSOD. I get two every time I start my system. If you check the time when they occur, you might see something similar.

The PCIe Root Port may be related to the chipset drivers. Does ASUS have Win 10 drivers for that system and have you installed them if they do?

If you have any external devices connected you might try disconnecting those.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I followed your instructions and I managed to get rid of the error at startup! However there was another error there was well. Also 10016:

and APPID

I tried to follow your steps again but when I wanted to search for the AppID in Component Service, it did not show up. I don't know which file to give the permission to and I'm not sure which USER I should add (Still SYSTEM?)

Thanks so much for the help again.

Hi Edith,

The CLSID and APPID keys in your post point to the ShellServiceHost.

When you open the Component Services you will more than likely see more than one entry for this host.

Below is a sample image where I've highlighted the one you need to modify.

You can see it has the same AppID key as you are seeking: {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

Untitled.png

As this is normally set to RunAs Interactive users, and for you this is not happening, you'll want the owner to be the Username you are logging in with that belongs to the Administrative Group.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
The 10016 errors normally will not cause a BSOD. I get two every time I start my system. If you check the time when they occur, you might see something similar.

The PCIe Root Port may be related to the chipset drivers. Does ASUS have Win 10 drivers for that system and have you installed them if they do?

If you have any external devices connected you might try disconnecting those.

So far, after the 10016 clean up, I haven't had it BSOD on me yet. As for the WHEA 17 error, I checked to see if the updates program had anything but nothing showed up.

I don't have any external drivers so that would not be the case. I have to update my computer again on Windows 10 update since there are a few updates still sitting there. Thanks for the advice! :)

Hi Edith,

The CLSID and APPID keys in your post point to the ShellServiceHost.

When you open the Component Services you will more than likely see more than one entry for this host.

Below is a sample image where I've highlighted the one you need to modify.

You can see it has the same AppID key as you are seeking: {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

View attachment 4283

As this is normally set to RunAs Interactive users, and for you this is not happening, you'll want the owner to be the Username you are logging in with that belongs to the Administrative Group.

Regards,

Regedit32

I managed to add the user in component services. I have yet to see any BSODs so hoping for the best. Marking this as solved. Thanks for all the help! :D

Reaction score
I am working on a theory concerning the WHEA warnings. I have a new system doing the same thing and I believe it is being caused by the Network Adapter being allowed to sleep and some utility wants to access the network and throws a error because it can't.

I have been having 200 or so a day of the WHEA-Logging warning messages. I set my Network adapter so it wound not be allowed to sleep and have had no errors since noon today... I will post back if this test yields any insight into that situation.

It is strange you have an ASUS system and I have a Dell system but we seem to be seeing the same errors/warnings.

Ask a Question