BSOD Stopcode: Driver Power State Error

Reaction score
Googled wisdom says to update the faulty driver. How do I track down the faulty driver? No ! in Device Manager.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you please take a look in Event Viewer and see if any further details are provided at the time of the crash?

You'll need to have a look in there and let us know the basic debug info (and we may be able to identify the problem), or we'd need to see the crash dump files to see what happened.

I've moved your thread to the BSOD forum for you :).

Reaction score
Event viewer is littered with mentions of errors but I don't know what I am looking at. The C windows minidump folder is empty.

Attachments

• eventviewer.jpg
    eventviewer.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 682

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can highlight all of the errors/warnings that occurred around the time of a crash and the right click > save selected events. Then you can attach the event logs here and I'll take a look. You can hold CTRL while clicking on events to multi-select, or hold shift and use the arrow keys if they're consecutive.

To enable dump logs, right click the start menu > system > advanced system settings > then under "startup and recovery" click "settings". Now choose "small memory dump" to enable minidumps :).

I'm not proficient in debugging minidumps, but someone else here may be. I'm happy to take a look at event viewer logs and see what I can find though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you try zipping it and then attach it please? :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does the file extension end in a .zip? That's one of the allowed file types for upload.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Were there any errors just before 12:36:00, as that's when the system has come back online from the crash?:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

If not, you'd need to catch the minidump using the instructions from post #4.

Reaction score
Ran sfc /scannow and got dozens of errors/repairs (windows reinstall only mo nth ago) and no BSOD since, so maybe we are good? Thanks for the help anyway.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't open that file as it does appear to be 0 bytes. Can you try re-opening your local copy please and see if that works?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like either your "FocusRite" USB device or the port it's plugged into.
Go to device manager.
Check the properties of that, as well as all your USB "hubs" and under the power management tab uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" see if that helps with the Power State Failure BSOD.
Certainly looks like the driver for something attached via USB is not handling your current power schema very well

Ask a Question