Busy Week Ahead, Win 10 Thr2 to Launch Tomorrow

Reaction score
Not available 5 minutes ago... but probably this afternoon.

If it starts to look and behave as my Insider machines do I'll be a happy camper.

I presume that once it is rolled out that people who are set up for the free W10 who haven't yet clicked on the icon, will get this one? As distinct from having to install 240, several updates and then 1511.

Reaction score
I finished a fresh install of 10240 a couple of hours ago. The upgrade was already downloading when I looked in the settings. Just finished installing

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Media Creation Tool will include the 1511 version to create a bootable USB? Is there a way to confirm the MCT would have this version before starting an install? Like some others, I'd like to do a clean install of the 1511 version.

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Media Creation Tool will include the 1511 version to create a bootable USB? Is there a way to confirm the MCT would have this version before starting an install? Like some others, I'd like to do a clean install of the 1511 version.
I just burned a new DVD but am in the same boat you are. Without actually installing the OS, I have no idea how to confirm the version. I looked through all the files looking for an ini, inf, or txt file that might correlate to the DVD version and came up empty handed. A large WIM file does have today's date, but I can't say for sure the creation tool wasn't the reason for those dates. I checked the version of some exe files and they are all still marked as version 10240.

Reaction score
I just burned a new DVD but am in the same boat you are. Without actually installing the OS, I have no idea how to confirm the version. I looked through all the files looking for an ini, inf, or txt file that might correlate to the DVD version and came up empty handed. A large WIM file does have today's date, but I can't say for sure the creation tool wasn't the reason for those dates. I checked the version of some exe files and they are all still marked as version 10240.

Well, I suppose we may have to wait. Eventually the MCT will use the latest build. Heck, my wife has been bugging me to clean install her laptop, maybe its time for some experimentation :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Trouble did post a link above to get the updated ISO's, I'm just not certain about the Media Creation Tool yet.

Reaction score
There is, in the "All Apps", a new thing called "Sway". Maybe it was there before and I didn't notice it. At a very brief glance, it seems to be a program for making presentations. There is also one called "Microsoft Wi-Fi", when I clicked on this, and found that it was something to be purchased, so went no further.
At the end of the installation, a large across screen message pops up "Some new Features to get excited about". I ignore the bad grammar - lol, but am still trying to get excited !!!

Ignoring the download time, which is, of course, dependant on your connection, it is quicker to make a fresh install with the ISO. In my case, and i5 Laptop and standard HD, the upgrade took about an Hour.

Reaction score
Used the media creation tool last night, went to bed after 1am, checked this morning and it was done creating the installer on the USB stick, will run it in a bit to see what happens. The WU just kept failing. kinda reminded me what happened with 8.1 on my laptop too. also had to find a ISO to get that installed, but that time MS didn't have one available like now and had to get it "somewhere else" :)

So we'll see

Reaction score
Think i will just wait until it comes through as an update.
Looks like its not worth all the hype don't care much if i get it or not now after a while you tend to loose interest. ;)

Reaction score
Well that didn't go all that well, smirk.....

Now I'm not sure if its a bad stick, a bad burned copy, or the fact that I used the tool I had from before with 8.1, soooo I'll D/L the tool again, maybe its different I dono, and try it again. The WU is still giving me that same install failure thing. However now I see something being D/Led per the svchost.exe, its at about 300mg and still going, so my web is pretty slow, dono what that is, could be the update I guess, like I said I dono cause I still get the install failure when trying that.

Weird thing with that stick setup, I couldn't get the machine to read it on boot, but when I clicked the setup with in the folder on the stick from within Windows it ran, but again wasn't sure what it was going to do so I just stopped it, since I thought it had to run at boot to work right. So I guess I'll D/L the newer tool (if it is even newer) and in the mean time let it D/L what ever its getting to see what that turns out to be.

Gee I love this stuff :)

Reaction score
Used the media creation tool last night, went to bed after 1am, checked this morning and it was done creating the installer on the USB stick, will run it in a bit to see what happens. The WU just kept failing. kinda reminded me what happened with 8.1 on my laptop too. also had to find a ISO to get that installed, but that time MS didn't have one available like now and had to get it "somewhere else" :)

So we'll see

Cool. Let us know what you find (W10 1511?) if/when you run the install from the USB created from the MCT. Thanks.

Ask a Question