Busy Week Ahead, Win 10 Thr2 to Launch Tomorrow

Reaction score
well I can't seem to do a lot right now, With this thing doing this background downloading on my slow DSL band I'm just able to get on this page after several tries, I'll just have to wait now and see what this is, its up to 500mg now, so it must be it. I'll let it rock n roll and head to the gym for a couple hrs, than check it and see where it is, if its past a gig than I'm sure its the update.

For now I can't download the tool again or anything else till this thing gets done and lets me use the web again.

Even if it is the update being downloaded via WU. I'll still go through the tool thing again, after re down loading the latest version to see if its any different than the one I had, to get the installer burned and working.

Bif

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if Media Player will once again play mp4 video with this anticlimactic of updates?...I'm not holding my breath.

Bif

Reaction score
Great to hear Seymour!....perhaps MS actually listened to the thousands of complaints about losing the ability to play these after upgrade to10...touch wood.
I'll wait for "the" update and see.

Cheers for the reply.

Reaction score
There was a report that you won't get the update by default until your month's "rollback time" has expired.

Reaction score
The Source

Microsoft users will have a few busy days this week, as the company is set to launch Threshold 2, the first big update for Windows 10 after RTM, as well as a new mobile build for insiders.

Threshold 2 is first and foremost the most important update for Windows 10 after the operating system rolled out on July 29. Microsoft has been testing several new improvements with the Insider Program, and now that most of them have proved to be stable enough for prime time, the company is shipping them to computers running RTM as well.

This rollout will take place via Windows Update, so tomorrow, in addition to the usual security updates that Microsoft releases every Patch Tuesday, you should also see another big update comprising several exciting changes.

For more info see the source
Just installed Threshold 2. All my previous problems (screen saver, location settings, Cortana) appear to have been eliminated. Boot time seems the same or a little slower, but maybe I have to let the changes settle in a bit.

Bif

Reaction score
I'll wait,it'll kinda be like opening that ugly sweater from the weird uncle at xmas...straight from Bill to us..

Reaction score
They say you don't miss what you have never had.
I haven't had it i don't miss it and right now i am not sure i want it. ;)

Reaction score
jezzzzuuuss,, this is getting nuts, OK so I re did the damned USB thing again, took till after 7, weird thing seems to be aqt the end, it just sits on 1005, and than says something went wrong and says to close and re boot without removing the USB stick, OK, so did that, well the same thing, I still got the error, so OK, decided to move the stick from the 3.0 slot to the 2.0 slot, hmmmm OK it fired up, but wait, it got to where I clicked install now, and than gave me some stupid popup about missing some CD,dvd,usb media driver??????? I have ALL the drivers I can stand, anyway it won't go past that till it finds the driver ion question, which I have no idea what, So back to re boot, checked device manager, nothing showing as missing, ran driver booster, no drivers to get, so no idea now, I'm gona do this sucker again, but this time use the ISO DVD not the USB, and see what occurs, if that don't get it, I'll just select "install now" and be done with it, I can always make my own image backup, and at some point mess around with the USB thing down the road. I still think the problem is with this cheap no name brand USB stick, I'll pick up a sandisk band at some point and re do it.

This is insane, and I have a pretty good handle on this stuff, in fact I have 2 other people that are waiting for me to assist, groan... But I'll get it done no sweat, its just going to take a few odd steps, but I'll get it, same as it was with that 8.1.1 update mess.

Reaction score
Update came through today Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586.
Done one PC another doing download now then only two more to do.

Reaction score
Finally! 1511 arrived this morning and installed. It threw Speccy off the machine and removed my old Windows solitaire games from the start menu.

Bif

Reaction score
That's funny Tim,I'm a couple thousand k's west of you and nothing here yet...when it arrives Speccy is safe as I run the portable version.
Maybe I'll leave milk and cookies out....

Reaction score
After a reboot ( I always do an extra reboot after Windows 10 thinks it is installed ) Update came up with an update to Flash. The sooner Flash goes away the better but I guess it won't unless the owners of sites that use flash realize they are not getting any clicks

Bif

Reaction score
They should have listed using Windows OS as the number one security exploit...Flash is still a necessary evil and until every site that is flash dependant switches to html5...it's here for the duration.

Reaction score
jezzzzuuuss,, this is getting nuts, OK so I re did the damned USB thing again, took till after 7, weird thing seems to be aqt the end, it just sits on 1005, and than says something went wrong and says to close and re boot without removing the USB stick, OK, so did that, well the same thing, I still got the error, so OK, decided to move the stick from the 3.0 slot to the 2.0 slot, hmmmm OK it fired up, but wait, it got to where I clicked install now, and than gave me some stupid popup about missing some CD,dvd,usb media driver??????? I have ALL the drivers I can stand, anyway it won't go past that till it finds the driver ion question, which I have no idea what, So back to re boot, checked device manager, nothing showing as missing, ran driver booster, no drivers to get, so no idea now, I'm gona do this sucker again, but this time use the ISO DVD not the USB, and see what occurs, if that don't get it, I'll just select "install now" and be done with it, I can always make my own image backup, and at some point mess around with the USB thing down the road. I still think the problem is with this cheap no name brand USB stick, I'll pick up a sandisk band at some point and re do it.

This is insane, and I have a pretty good handle on this stuff, in fact I have 2 other people that are waiting for me to assist, groan... But I'll get it done no sweat, its just going to take a few odd steps, but I'll get it, same as it was with that 8.1.1 update mess.

Wife has been bugging me since Thursday to upgrade her laptop to W10 1511. So will try a clean install of it, assuming MC tool will pull in 1511. Will advise how that goes. It will take awhile, have to take a system image first, then download MC tool and media.

Ask a Question