Busy Week Ahead, Win 10 Thr2 to Launch Tomorrow

Reaction score
Well, so it seems that the normal WU did kick in just as I was about to re do the media tool, so I did that instead and will leave the ISO thing for later. It still took from 10 last night till 8AM to download, than another 2 hrs of "preparing to install" some more downloading, and than finally installing, that took another half hr, than at the reboot it started the configuration, drivers, and settings thing, I left the house at 11:45 with my buddy who wanted me to do some stuff with his problems, Got that done and got home around 3:30, took a look and all was up and running, it installed OK, only thing it seemed to take out was the partition program, but that's cool didn't much use it anyway.

So I'm up and runnin, like someone else said I really don't see a lot of changes myself, but its runnin :)

Reaction score
I ran task manager while this was installing. I noticed that at around 28% installed it downloaded stuff for a few minutes before continuing.

I guess my net connection is faster than yours as the whole thing took only an hour.

Reaction score
Just did a clean install using MCT on a Lenovo T420 which was previously upgraded to W10 (pre-1511) from W7. So far, no problems whatsoever.

Reaction score
Okyy, so my 3 day ordeal is done...

I got it all taken care of a few min ago, after spending yet another day on the 4th media tool down load.

here's the deal......

first day Friday attempted to use the tool and burn a USB installer, that didn't work, the tool gave me some srt of error, OK, figured it was the USB.

2. re formatted the USB, tried again, same results
3. tried a different "brand name" USB, same stuff, the tool kept messing up at the last part trying to run the file.

So OK was about to do the install on PC thing, when the WU broke loose and had it listed, for some reason the 1704 update never did take, but ended up listing another one that did, along with the TH2 upgrade, so did that, it took and I was "upgraded"

4. But still wanted the installer, so went back and this time ran the thing for the ISO, got it,, burned it to DVD, "and" to the same USB stick that kept giving me the error, well "BOTH" tested out fine, both work now as installers .

So bottom line is I think the tool has some sort of bug when creating just the USB (not going with the ISO).

note:
had to re install my centrino wifi driver, my little tray icon went missing, but managed to recover it with re-installs
Also for those that installed the MS games , you'll have to re install them too, this upgrade removed them too.. (see games for the link)

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Home. Is 1511, 10586 for the Pro version only? My update search indicates the update/upgrade to 1511, 10586 is loaded but the PC needs a restart. I restart but still it does not finish. My system is working flawlessly so I am not anxious to upgrade but would like to clear the prompt.

Bif

Reaction score
I may take the leap today and cross the "threshold" via upgrade option with media creation tool...we'll see,I'm concerned that it will be whatever is new is old again.

Reaction score
I may take the leap today and cross the "threshold" via upgrade option with media creation tool...we'll see,I'm concerned that it will be whatever is new is old again.
I used the media creation tool the update went very smoothly everything bang up to date.:)

Bif

Reaction score
Welll..............I've crossed the threshold via the media creation tool route and am running the latest and "greatest" Windows OS,it was fairly painless if not a three hour procedure but all seems right so far (where is that wood!?)
Had to re-enable some stuff and turn off a bunch of crap that MS so politely turns on again by default,but all seems to be copacetic for smooth running thus far.Although my HHD light is constantly active now where as it wasn't before the plunge,I have VERY little running in the background so not sure what all the activity is.
We will see over time how it responds..

:eek::eek::eek::eek: out of 5

Reaction score
Welll..............I've crossed the threshold via the media creation tool route and am running the latest and "greatest" Windows OS,it was fairly painless if not a three hour procedure but all seems right so far (where is that wood!?)
Had to re-enable some stuff and turn off a bunch of crap that MS so politely turns on again by default,but all seems to be copacetic for smooth running thus far.Although my HHD light is constantly active now where as it wasn't before the plunge,I have VERY little running in the background so not sure what all the activity is.
We will see over time how it responds..

:eek::eek::eek::eek: out of 5

Try this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Home. Is 1511, 10586 for the Pro version only? My update search indicates the update/upgrade to 1511, 10586 is loaded but the PC needs a restart. I restart but still it does not finish. My system is working flawlessly so I am not anxious to upgrade but would like to clear the prompt.

You already have the update.

Bif

Reaction score
Are you suggesting I re-download the new build again Gideon?..
If so I'll put up with hd light..
Perhaps you can elaborate of this tech bench thingamabob..I'm pc savy but far from a techniac...if it's running and not smoking I'm generally happy

Ask a Question