Calendar app: how to fix "Your iCloud settings..."

Reaction score
This is an app that sort of appeared one day a few weeks ago - I don't recall installing it myself! But I rather like it. It looks as if it could solve my problems of syncing calendar (and contact) enries between this Win 10 PC and my iOS iPhone and iPad.

However, it has one serious bug. It repeatedly pops up a notification message that "Your iCloud account settings are out of date."

They are not. I use my iOS (= iCloud = iTunes = AppStore) username and password regularly without problem, e.g. to purchase apps.

I can 'Dismiss' the message (no big deal, just a mouse click and a wince of irritation) but I think this results in sync failure.

After some initial research the only solution I've seen so far is unacceptable to me, namely to set up 'Two Step Authentication'.

Has anyone here come up with any other solution please?

The threads I've seen appear to indicate it's a widespread issue, so I'm surprised MS (perhaps jointly with Apple) haven't fixed it.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reaction score
The only time I've personally seen that error message is when 2-factor authentication was enabled & I didn't realise that I required an app specific password for the mail app (& thus contacts & calendar sync too). Two-step verification will also require an app specific password.
Double check your account to see if it's been enabled.

Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't enabled Two-step verification and as mentioned I don't want to. In Apple settings for that option the link says 'Get started...' which I presume means it is not activated.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Ask a Question