Can I get win 10 to list my music files with their length of playing time?

Reaction score
My music files are in many different places on my computer. Many of them are in folders with other kinds of files. Is there a way to have the music files display their playing time whenever they are listed? It seems to me that I did accomplish this once but then after some windows update this was changed. Which leads to the second part of the question. How can I stop windows update from altering my preferences?
Thanks for your help.
normans

Reaction score
There's several choices in the right-click of the columns on the Details view to add more, on mine it's best if all are in the User\USERNAMEHERE\ and the Music folder and subfolders of it.
1621286911388.png

Reaction score
Yes. Open file folder with your music and right click in the bar that shows the title, artist, type, etc. A dropdown menu will all you to add several things including, under "more", you can add length.

Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't explain my problem fully enough. I know how to do what you suggested but my problem is more complicated than that. Perhaps your suggestion of putting all the files and folders I'm dealing with in the one folder you suggest will let me do what I' want. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think it will help. I have done what you suggest but can't make it stick. I'm going to try gathering all the music files into one folder and then see what I can do. But thanks again.

Ask a Question