Can not delete emails in outlive.live.com

Reaction score
I use my browser to access my hotmail account. Currently my email is at 116% capacity and I have been trying to delete emails. When I empty my deleted file, all the emails disappear, but then if I click on the deleted folder again, then all the emails reappear. How can I actually deleted these emails. I have tried this process in both Chrome and Edge and the same thing happens.

Reaction score
I just checked my Hotmail.com account, deleted 19 files from the Deleted items, reloaded Hotmail and the problem didn't come up, couldn't replicate it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Same here. When I delete them from the deleted items folder at hotmail.com they're gone, although....
I suspect that they are cached somewhere for some period of time as I'm offered an undelete option.

Reaction score
If I log in at hotmail.com, I'm redirected to https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox
That is correct that way.

2019-07-15_193950.jpg

If so you can recover accidently deleted emails otherwise I do not have an explanation

Reaction score
If I log in at hotmail.com, I'm redirected to https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox
Agreed, that is correct. I've had Hotmail for 20 years or more, now have both Hotmail and Outlook.com which is different from Microsoft Office/Outlook. There are a lot of Hotmail users and the outlook.live.com probably is the best way to prevent wholesale moving of one to the other.

Reaction score
A, now have both Hotmail and Outlook.com which is different from Microsoft Office/Outlook.
I understood, when the name change took place some years ago, that, whilst MS would continue to reroute (apparently for ever), that Hotmail was only an address which lived in a "virtual" state but did not really exist anymore?
But, surely Microsoft Office Outlook is the desktop program, which I use, and merely fetches from the online Outlook.com??
As aæways, at the time the explanation from Microsoft's pages were hard to understand. I saved this page at the time, and I have just checked - it's still there!. If you you can read through the convuated explanation on the site, then it is all there??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes your email is still there for few days untill and unless you want to recover your deleted emails

Ask a Question