SOLVED Cannot change Windows update settings - "Some settings are managed by your organisation"

Reaction score
Notice today that windows has not been Auto updating or updating Drivers because of "Some settings are managed by your organisation"

Is this something MS has now control of or where can I get control to change the update settings as I want them.

Reaction score
OK, thanks for your replies.

I have tried several online remdies as suggested online sites for the issue *Some settings are managed by your organisation
Many of the suggestions whether in the Registry, Services, Gp policy and Settings etc. many are not as featured are seen in my windows or not changeable being greyed out.

Its been suggested to update to the latest Windows which I have done on my daughters laptop some weeks ago where she had the Home version. But my version is Pro.

If I did upgrade to the latest Windows, will I still have the Pro version.

thanks

Reaction score
There are some points here:

It also takes place when tweakers are used to remove some telemetry, etc.

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks all for suggestions, but none of them worked.
I updated to the latest Windows with no change with the issue.
I tried several sugestions with reg, gpedit etc. No joy with them, some suggested methods were not in the registry or even if added still nothing. Same for gpedit, suugested made no change and some were not seen/listed.

Googled the issue and found this method which to have cured the issue.

But what worries me, where did this control originate. I'm running Malwarebytes and Defender with regular scans etc.

thanks

Ask a Question