Cannot make Chrome default web browser

Reaction score
I have followed the very clear instructions of settings=>system=>default apps=>web browser and selected chrome.

After repeating the action several times, Microsoft Edge is no longer the default browser, however every time I attempt to select Chrome as the default it will not take. I remain now without a default browser and every time I open Chrome it asks me if I would like to make it my default. If I say yes it opens up settings and this cycle repeats.

I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Reaction score
Have you worked through the settings, in particular setting your home, and opening pages.

But, for your default, try opening the Control panel - default programs . set your default programs, and select Chrome from there.

Reaction score
Try logging in with an Admin account. I'm not sure about changing default browsers settings, but I do know that certain settings especially in the update and security settings can only be made by an Administrator.

Ask a Question