Cannot set any browser as default tried everything! [12/10/16]

Reaction score
Hello, I've been looking for help for a stupidly long time now. I updated this pc to the new version of windows 10, and ever since I am not able to set my default browser to ANYTHING, I first tried with chrome, didn't work, then I tried Microsoft Edge, Window's 10 recommendation, and NOTHING. I've tried everything from setting a browser from protocols, or going into Control Panel and setting chrome as my default or any other browser. I can record a video showing that nothing works, if that is necessary, let me know please, I'm desperate at this point!

-Jamie

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First check and make sure that you have the latest version of Windows 10.

Capture.PNG

IF not, check Windows Updates manually and see if there is any downloads available or possibly a pending reboot.

Failing that uninstall Chrome and then re-download the stub installer and re-install it.
During the installation there should be an option to set it as default. I believe that is more or less the default setting of Chrome when it installs.
See if that sets things right.

Ask a Question