Cannot sign in, does not recognize old password

Reaction score
When the program. 1st starts my mouse won't work so I. cannot click on the logo, when it reaches the password page, it won't let me sign in? Wrong password it saids.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Been hearing this a few times today.
I remember one contributor mentioning that he or she resolved it by using a link, that was evidently present on the logon screen that said something like.....
"This is not me"
OR
"I'm not JohnDoe"

Are you seeing anything of that sort at the logon screen?

Reaction score
It also happened to me. Just recently I was required to log in to my Microsoft account (it did not require that before!). Then, suddenly, it said the password is incorrect. After a few attempts to log in with the password that was good before I received the advice, on the login screen, to go to account.live.com/password/reset. I went to that site, on another pc of course, and changed my MS account password, went back to log in my desktop with new password. Didn't work. Still received "incorrect password" message.

Reaction score
I've just been online with a Microsoft Tech, in the end he couldn't even help me other than suggest downloading the media creation tool on another computer of course, then reinstall windows from a flash drive... This is all so frustrating, I'm currently downloading, will report back if it doesn't work

Ask a Question