Cant access Updates & Security....plus other wierd things

Reaction score
Hi all,

positing on here to hopefully get some insight before I lose it and go back to factory settings.

In the last 2 weeks I have - 1, been unable to access or use chrome 2, been unable to access of use IE

Having uninstalled / tried to reinstall I now do not have either browser on my PC.

I can now not access the Updates & Security section within settings.... when selecting it just times out.

I am on Windows 10 - have been since purchase of the PC approx. a year ago.......

Whats gone wrong??!!!

Reaction score
Hi -

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the below#

I am using windows 10 have been since purchase of a new PC, however over the last 2-3 weeks I have been unable to use Chrome, IE and now cannot even access Updates and Security. I just get the blank screen and or wheel of doom.

What can I do????

Reaction score
Also, before you run DISM, type 'sfc /scannow' into an Admin Command Prompt. It will check your current Windows installation and repair any bad files. You may have to run it a few times before it comes back clean.

Ask a Question