Can't boot up to my account.

Reaction score
A few months after configuring a new desktop, it now boots up to the administrator. How can I boot up directly to my account with my desktop, etc. And how can I eliminate the need for a password? I have been through the netplwiz to no avail.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How can I boot up directly to my account with my desktop
The first thing that you need to do is confirm that your account that you want to use is a member of the local administrators group and not a "Standard" user.
After that you can disable the
it now boots up to the administrator
Assuming that you actually mean the normally hidden / disabled "Administrator" account, simply.....
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu and in the command prompt window type
net user administrator /active:no
hit enter

WARNING: Make absolutely sure that you have at least one account on the machine, preferably yours, that is a member of the local administrators group.

Reaction score
If netplwiz doesn't work, you can use the freeware Autologon to enable automatic login.

Reaction score
netplwiz it still requires the original password from the admin
Just enter the original password once in netplwiz to enable automatic login. The next time reboot, Windows should not ask you to type password at the login screen.

Reaction score
exacly yes the the account that they want to remove they better be the administrator like i stated above they need the original pass for netplwiz to remove the password from login

Ask a Question