Cant download with edge

Reaction score
Hi Brooker,

can you explain more please, ticking what box where to start with. :)

Reaction score
Yes. You will need to explain why you cannot download.

The settings are only to tell Edge where to download. If you specify a particular location/folder, on your computer, then the second box should be left blank

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Yes. You will need to explain why you cannot download.

The settings are only to tell Edge where to download. If you specify a particular location/folder, on your computer, then the second box should be left blank

View attachment 8117
The little box next to c/ i cant find anywhere else that says save page or download page, am i totally off the planet or what. thanks in advance. Ken.

Reaction score
It wont be looking like that! That is my setup
Go into the settings - "View Advanced settings" (Scroll to the bottom for that)
Click the box which says "Change"

You can then choose any folder on your computer, where you want the downloads to go. The choice will be permanent, until you wish to change it again.

Reaction score
It wont be looking like that! That is my setup
Go into the settings - "View Advanced settings" (Scroll to the bottom for that)
Click the box which says "Change"

You can then choose any folder on your computer, where you want the downloads to go. The choice will be permanent, until you wish to change it again.
I did that but nothing happened, maybe its me, thanks for trying. Ill stick with FireFox for now.

Reaction score
What were you expecting to happen? You should now have a download place. You still need to find something to download.

Reaction score
Edge uses most of IE settings. If you can save downloads using FireFox then the problem is with Edge.
Open Edge, go to setting and choose what to clear, clear all cookies, saved Website Data, Cache and files. I you still can't download with edge open settings choose the option to open with IE and save images as jpg. By default Edge saves downloads to C:\User\downloads unless you changed the the download location. Also you could try signing into your local Admin account (if you have one) and check if the downloads are in the C:\Administrator\Downloads.
BTW I'm not fond of Edge, never have been. It seems to be lacking basic feature that are standard in other browsers.

Reaction score
Edge uses most of IE settings. If you can save downloads using FireFox then the problem is with Edge.
Open Edge, go to setting and choose what to clear, clear all cookies, saved Website Data, Cache and files. I you still can't download with edge open settings choose the option to open with IE and save images as jpg. By default Edge saves downloads to C:\User\downloads unless you changed the the download location. Also you could try signing into your local Admin account (if you have one) and check if the downloads are in the C:\Administrator\Downloads.
BTW I'm not fond of Edge, never have been. It seems to be lacking basic feature that are standard in other browsers.
Thank you Norton for accepting that I have some intelligence,I followed your advice but still no luck so I went to IE and I have downloaded this page and a couple of others, so it must be something in edge. Many Thanks Ken.

Reaction score
You could try a refresh Edge, if you are still interested in using it. I quite like it, but only use it as a standby. My default is IE, which does all I need.
However, to refresh.
Open settings - Apps -. Apps and Features.
Scroll down to Microsoft Edge and click. Click Advanced options.
Try repair, first.
If that doesn't do the trick, try reset (heed the advice which pops up)

Ask a Question