Can't print a specific Word file

Reaction score
Hi,

The company I work for recently upgraded our computers to Windows 10.
My boss receives a Word document from our supplier every month. Before we had new computers, he used to print this off each time with no problems. However, when he clicks print now, nothing happens. The printer dialogue box appears for a second but nothing prints out and it is not left in the print queue.
He has forwarded the email with the Word document to myself and other colleagues and we all have been able to print it with no problems. So I thought it must be something wrong with his printer. However, he is able to print anything else. We have printed other Word documents, Excel docs, PDFs etc.
I copied the content of the document that he can't print onto a blank new Word document to try and print it. However, the same happens...
It seems there is something in the actual document that is stopping the printer from printing it??

I'm baffled by it! Please give me your suggestions?

BR
Emily

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Ask the firm who is sending it what word or office they are using
Also to send it as a PDF document
Which he can then download
Once downloaded he should be able to click it to open it.
Once open
Go to the 3 dots up in right hand corner
Click on them
Scroll down to print
Which should open up his printer he is using
Then he can see it then just press print
That should then print out what he wants

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click his start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
winword /safe
hit enter or click OK
browse to the file and see if it will print

Reaction score
Hi,

I had the same issue with just only one specific word document, everything else was printing fine, including pictures and files from different applications. Many attempts trying to solve the problem, to no avail. Finally it turned out that the issue was caused due to the quite long file name. After I changed the file name to a little shorter one, the file printed immediately with no problems.

BR
NP

Reaction score
I'd add about the .pdf file, it has security settings available when created that can prevent things such as printing, editing, etc., but there will be warnings when trying.

Ask a Question