SOLVED Can't Save from Outlook or Word

Reaction score
Hi,

Ever since I installed Windows 10 I am unable to <File/Save As> from either Word or Outlook. Any fixes for this problem? Things to look for?

Thanks and Regards,

Reaction score
Hi,

Ever since I installed Windows 10 I am unable to <File/Save As> from either Word or Outlook. Any fixes for this problem? Things to look for?

Thanks and Regards,
insert your Windows 10 media again, and upgrade, sometimes a glitch in the upgrade process will get corrupted.
it is best to start the upgrade then SIT ON YOUR HANDS AND LET IT WORK.. BORING BUT

Reaction score
Have you tried looking into the "programs and settings," and selecting "repair" for the Office suite? (Select "change" and then "repair" in the next popup window.)

Reaction score
insert your Windows 10 media again, and upgrade, sometimes a glitch in the upgrade process will get corrupted.
it is best to start the upgrade then SIT ON YOUR HANDS AND LET IT WORK.. BORING BUT

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion...my "media" was an online download, so I am doing that again - now 37% complete - then will go through the install process and see if anything is different. More later.

Reaction score
Have you tried looking into the "programs and settings," and selecting "repair" for the Office suite? (Select "change" and then "repair" in the next popup window.)

Hi Dave,

I did not receive your suggestion until after I started a new download/install. If that doesn't help I will follow your suggestion...thanks!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We've heard often enough here, how upgrading to windows 10 or even in some cases just updating a Windows 10 existing install, can have some impact on various components of the Microsoft Office Suite.
It seems to me that if your problem is with those, then the logical thing to do would be to address that by as davehc has said, either performing a repair from Control Panel Programs and Features or uninstalling the Office Suite and then reinstalling that, if the repair doesn't fix the issue.
I'm not at all sure that an inplace upgrade repair of the operating system will have any positive effect on the Office Suite or any of its' components.

Reaction score
I for one have NOT had any issues with Office during or after a WU or DL iso and upgrade that way, while I do prefer the ESD download and convert to full ISO then burn to USB, insert the USB and upgrade from it....
I do all mine 7 personal systems that way, and my Clients upgrades that way.. for me much faster and much fewer
WTH is wrong, then being 73+ I am for doing things the Best (IMO) and fastest.
and do remember once you burn a iso to USB and make it bootable then all you need to do next time is delete the info on USB then extract the new to the USB. much faster that way also...

Reaction score
I for one have NOT had any issues with Office during or after a WU or DL iso and upgrade that way, while I do prefer the ESD download and convert to full ISO then burn to USB, insert the USB and upgrade from it....
I do all mine 7 personal systems that way, and my Clients upgrades that way.. for me much faster and much fewer
WTH is wrong, then being 73+ I am for doing things the Best (IMO) and fastest.
and do remember once you burn a iso to USB and make it bootable then all you need to do next time is delete the info on USB then extract the new to the USB. much faster that way also...

Hi,

With all of your WU, DL, iso, ESD, full ESO, burn to USB, INSERT..., WTH, make it bootable, ... I don't hqave a clue WTF you're talking about.

Reaction score
We've heard often enough here, how upgrading to windows 10 or even in some cases just updating a Windows 10 existing install, can have some impact on various components of the Microsoft Office Suite.
It seems to me that if your problem is with those, then the logical thing to do would be to address that by as davehc has said, either performing a repair from Control Panel Programs and Features or uninstalling the Office Suite and then reinstalling that, if the repair doesn't fix the issue.
I'm not at all sure that an inplace upgrade repair of the operating system will have any positive effect on the Office Suite or any of its' components.

Hi,

O.K. I'll continue with the download/install. If that does not help, I'll try the Repair route with Office Suite, and if that does not help, I'll look into uninstalling and reinstalling Office Suite. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

With all of your WU, DL, iso, ESD, full ESO, burn to USB, INSERT..., WTH, make it bootable, ... I don't hqave a clue WTF you're talking about.
OK, WU = Windows Update - DL= download, - ISO =International Organization for Standardization (which is what all Windows DVDs are based on., ESD - Electronic Software Delivery (which is what you get when you use WU, USB is the Device you use (same as thumb drive, or flash drive, insert is what you do when you plug in the USB or insert the DVD into the DVD player. and if the DVD or USB is not bootable then you can not BOOT to and install as a New Installation. and WTH is nicer than WTF, sorry but Im 73 + years old and have been in Computers since the 1980's.

Reaction score

Hi,

O.K. I'll continue with the download/install. If that does not help, I'll try the Repair route with Office Suite, and if that does not help, I'll look into uninstalling and reinstalling Office Suite. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi,

I downloaded and installed Windows 10 again and am now able to save from both Outlook and Word as I did back with Windows 7. Thanks Snuffy!

Ask a Question