Can't type letters in the login screen for HP 15R011DX Laptop.

Reaction score
Hello. I hope someone can help. When i try to type in the password box at the star up screen, no characters appear. We have done resets, taken the battery out, let it sit for a while, escape button, ctl alt delte, and a number of other ideas posted on various sites. Can someone help please.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Does the keyboard on the laptop work at all - i.e. do any of the caps/scroll lock light work when you press those buttons? Does it work in the BIOS or boot menu? I wonder if it's a hardware problem with the laptop (perhaps a loose ribbon cable).

If the mouse still works, you can try and gain temporary access by clicking the "ease of access" icon from the login screen (the middle icon in the bottom right corner, it looks like a 3/4 circle). Once you've clicked it, select the "on screen keyboard" option, then you can use your mouse to type on a virtual keyboard. That should at least get you access to your files in the meantime!

Ask a Question