Can't upgrade my windows 7 cause something happened

Reaction score
Hello guys! i want to ask for a something that maybe you know about it or can help this problem.
Okay, first i waiting the 29th of july as windows promise that windows 10 will be announcement. and finally 190 country reserved the upgrade. okay, but not with me.
i had one problem, i think my computers has auto-download the windows 10. but not.
and the one thing that i can do at the time, just click "check for updates" till tired. haha. lol.....
and finally, i decided to download the media creation tool x64. after i downlaod i opened it, and i click "upgrade this pc now"
and then........ they said "something happened"
i've no idea to what i do.. i stuck.
and i've try try and try again, but not work. until 2 august, for the last time "I think until submissive" i try again.
but wait, they said "something happened" and give the error code
"0x800704DD - 0x90016"
i dont know what is that. maybe in this forum u can tell me if it understands.
thanks guys, i respect your good comment, "as my heart pain medication" lol
THANKS!

Attachments

• something happened.PNG
    something happened.PNG
    741.9 KB · Views: 2,500
Reaction score
Are you sure you are signed in to an administrator account? If you are not signed in as an administrator you will likely run into issues trying to change anything on the computer.

Reaction score
finally, i decided to download the media creation tool x64. after i downlaod i opened it, and i click "upgrade this pc now"

Assuming you are back to your original Windows.

Go back to the Media Creation Tool................
When you run it, do NOT select "Upgrade this PC now".
Instead, select "Create installation media for another PC".
That will get you to create an ISO file.
After you have created the ISO file, right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Will the installation start ?
Will ill it continue without issue?

The method will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps, or you can choose to keep nothing.
This method will not require product key.

I used that method to install my Windows 10 Pro over my Win 8.1.1 Pro.

Reaction score
Are you sure you are signed in to an administrator account? If you are not signed in as an administrator you will likely run into issues trying to change anything on the computer.
I have two accounts on my computer. whether it be the one that makes my pc can not be upgraded?

Reaction score
Assuming you are back to your original Windows.

Go back to the Media Creation Tool................
When you run it, do NOT select "Upgrade this PC now".
Instead, select "Create installation media for another PC".
That will get you to create an ISO file.
After you have created the ISO file, right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Will the installation start ?
Will ill it continue without issue?

The method will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps, or you can choose to keep nothing.
This method will not require product key.

I used that method to install my Windows 10 Pro over my Win 8.1.1 Pro.
i have tried to create an iso file even. but they said "something happened" and the error code.. but i have two account in my computer. whether it is disturbing not be upgraded?

Reaction score
Hi what I did was I created a new account on the pc, gave it a quick name like 10. Make sure it's an admin account and you have never touched it. Re-run the creation tool it worked for me somehow.

Ask a Question