Change background of start\shutdown screen

Reaction score
I don't like the default one-color background when starting\shutting down WIndows. I don't mean logon screen nor the lock screen. I mean this:

win10-shutdown.jpg

Is there any way to replace this one-color background with any wallpaper?

Reaction score
Sorry, not and answer, but, IMHO. In the light of the unimportance of that particualr screen, perhaps MS decided simplicity was best?

Reaction score
I don't like the default one-color background when starting\shutting down WIndows. I don't mean logon screen nor the lock screen. I mean this:

win10-shutdown.jpg

Is there any way to replace this one-color background with any wallpaper?

Change your color to black or whatever color you want.

Reaction score
That changes also colors of other elements of the UI. I want to change only startup\shutdown screen. But it seems it's not possible.
It is possible I have done it. The Boot screen with the round dots willl change with the color in the attached picture. I am using build 14342, I have no idea of what you are using. The color of the Boot screen will be whatever the red arrow is pointed to. I see this screen about once every two weeks so iy can be pink for all I care. You can tweak this with the tool in the link. The download is at the bottom. This tool works on any version of Win 10,

http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.1836

color.PNG

Reaction score
Did you know you can change the Windows logo that appears on the loading screen? You can...with Hackbgrt.
It has limitations, for instance, the image can't be larger than 300x300...or something like that, and the background color remains the same, but it's something at least.

WARNING! Hackbgrt requires Secure boot to be disabled! Your computer will not boot if secure boot is enabled and you use this utility.

Ask a Question