Change default location for office documents to my PC

Reaction score
I'm using office apps that come with windows 10 pro. I want to be able to save documents to my PC. How can I change the default to save documents to my PC instead of One Drive? When I select file there is no "options" button.

Reaction score
Hi Cut the fish,

if you don't use/want OneDrive, simply remove it from your PC by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > OneDrive > Uninstall.

Restart after removal and you shouldn't have a problem afterwards!. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am not aware of any "office apps that come with windows 10 pro", unless you have purchased some type of retail bundle that may have included an office license
OR
You are talking about the free web / cloud based free offerings
IN which case, I don't believe you can change from saving everything created with that resource from One Drive, as a matter of fact it's automatic and there is no "Save" button, only "Save as"
You can of course download a copy to your local computer and save that where ever you want which presumably would be a duplicate of the one in your local One Drive folder and your online One Drive folder.

Ask a Question