Changing "Rings" to "Channels"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Moving to channels
Later this month, the Fast ring will become the Dev Channel, the Slow ring will become the Beta Channel, and the Release Preview ring will become the Release Preview Channel. Here is what that mapping looks like:

Table for mapping the new Channels: Fast ring will become the Dev Channel, the Slow ring will become the Beta Channel, and the Release Preview ring will become the Release Preview Channel.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/06/15/introducing-windows-insider-channels/

As usual the link contains one of those "clear as mud" explanations as to why they're making the change.
Not exactly sure that it is particularly helpful as one of the "channels" is named beta, which...
Will require me to slightly adjust my understanding as to what exactly constitutes "beta".

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
FN great....Now I got to forget what MS has named and once again learn a new name. I can't keep up.

Ask a Question