SOLVED Chrome as default browser

Reaction score
Following my 'anniversary' update, I notice I'm not able to make Chrome my default browser. So, every time I open Chrome, I get the yellow drop down that reminds me that Chrome is not my default browser and then directs me to the app listing where I used to be able to select Chrome as opposed to Edge. Chrome app is listed there but it won't respond to my selection.

Ideas?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Powrus,

I am assuming you mean you ended up at the Default Apps Setting window where under Browser you were unable to select Chrome.

If that is the case you could try:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Control Panel
  • Select View by large icons
  • Left-click on Default Programs
  • Left-click on Set your default programs
  • In left pane click on Google Chrome
  • In right pane click on Set this program as default

Reaction score
Hi Powrus,

I am assuming you mean you ended up at the Default Apps Setting window where under Browser you were unable to select Chrome.

• Right-click on Start
Where is start in Windows 10? I have same issue , cannot make google chrome my default browser and cannot play my facebook games , says I need adobe flash, I download , fails..

Reaction score
This keeps coming up. How about. Start Chrome. Go to Chrome settings. scroll down until you get to the default browser setting. Set Chrome as the default browser. This is in Chrome version 54 64 bit edition the current version. It was a little different in earlier versions but it worked there every since W10 appeared.

Note that that Cortana will still use Edge and that a few MS web sites still only work with IE. ( which is still installed on W10)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Where is start in Windows 10? I have same issue , cannot make google chrome my default browser and cannot play my facebook games , says I need adobe flash, I download , fails..

Start is the Microsoft logo icon in bottom left corner of Taskbar.

Reaction score
Hi Powrus,

• Right-click on Start
This worked to get chrome set as default , but when I click to open google the page opens and the URl says "about blank", then goes to clear. Also flash Player is messed up can't play my facebook games and other issues. I am using IE so I can play my games. Really a pain and has me upset.

Ask a Question