CoD World at War

jpk

Reaction score
I could play it on W7 full screen 16x9. W10, in a 4x3 box. Any work around? Does W10 have a compatibility mode?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does W10 have a compatibility mode?
Sure.... although some games require more than just compatibility mode the need to write config files in order to run properly.
Typically most executables when you right click them and choose properties will produce a dialog box that will have a compatibility tab along the top.
You may also want to tick the box that says run as administrator also.

Screenshot (15).png

Often you can get more help with game specifics from their respective community forums, so you might want to give that a try to see if anyone else is having similar problems.

Reaction score
I got COD WAW to play in Windows 10 without using compatibility mode.

jpk

Reaction score
I got COD WAW to play in Windows 10 without using compatibility mode.
CoD WaW plays on my machine fine except for screen resolution. It will not expand the image wider than a 4x3 type image.

jpk

Reaction score
Sure.... although some games require more than just compatibility mode the need to write config files in order to run properly.
Typically most executables when you right click them and choose properties will produce a dialog box that will have a compatibility tab along the top.
You may also want to tick the box that says run as administrator also.

View attachment 2410

Often you can get more help with game specifics from their respective community forums, so you might want to give that a try to see if anyone else is having similar problems.
Mine goes the full 1920 x 1080.

Well do tell? How did you get it to play at that resolution? When I load that resolution it still only plays in 4x3, in other words kinda squished and with black bands on either side of the image. Think of it like a movie shot in wide screen but anamorphicaly squeezed like when the showed the opening of a wide screen movie on old TV's.

Reaction score
I just installed it from Steam and it worked just fine. I did not use any compatibility mode either. Now this was with build 10586.

jpk

Reaction score
cod5_zpscqw0pxaw.jpg

this is full screen
I have the original issue WaW on DVD. I bought it when it first came out retail. Since I have bought it can I somehow dl from Steam? I do have an account with them with a dozen or so games or do I have to repurchase it?

Reaction score
I have the original issue WaW on DVD. I bought it when it first came out retail. Since I have bought it can I somehow dl from Steam? I do have an account with them with a dozen or so games or do I have to repurchase it?

I only paid $9.95 for it but there is a way to activate a game to steam. Since you have the original DVD maybe. It is up to version 1.7xx now.

jpk

Reaction score
Well, I set the resolution to 1920x1080 and it works!. Maybe I'm just stupid but my monitor's native resolution is 1280x1024 so I thought it needed to be at that resolution to display a full wide screen. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Hello i installed codwaw from my cds, ad it works just fine, but, i cant find my profiles like i used to in win7, please help.. Thank you

Reaction score
Hello i installed codwaw from my cds, ad it works just fine, but, i cant find my profiles like i used to in win7, please help.. Thank you

The profile or players should be in user
cod.PNG

Look in this area User\AppData\Activision\CODWaW

Ask a Question