Combine Files in Folders

Reaction score
I have a folder with 40 Sub folders each sub folder has 100-200 .jpg or mov files. Total 5291 files and 18.1 gb.
I would like to make another file with these files joined together. But yet maintain the original 40 files as is.
Other than cut & paste 40 times how can I do this.

Reaction score
If you just want to put all your files in one folder without changing where the originals are, then you will not be able to do that other than with copy and paste if I understand your intensions correctly.
However, if you want to combine all the file into ONE file, that is a different story and will need something like a movie maker or something similar...

Reaction score
A couple of ideas, get a 32GB or 64GB USB Thumb drive and copy the folder to it as an archive/backup, especially if those files exist nowhere else. Or get a 500GB or larger USB portable drive, either HDD or SSD. Both types can be had as a portable size, fit in a pocket. I use Western Digital My Passport or put reclaimed 2.5" Notebook drives in portable cases.

HDD = Hard Disk Drive electromechanical SSD = Solid State Drive

The problem with files is a folder or subfolder cannot hold 2 or more files of the exact same name, have to be at least one character different from another. Same for folders themselves.

Ask a Question