lnk files permission denied to sync with OneDrive

Reaction score
For an unknown reason, I a getting access permission messages about .ink files (see pic). I am being told to make sure I have permission to allow these files to sync. I don't know what they are. I have gone to my C drive and right clicked and then gone to Security and "allowed" total control to "users", "everyone", "authenticated users", etc. then rebooted. and then problem goes away temporarily and then pops up again. I have no idea what to do .

Attachments

• 1602077483563.png
    1602077483563.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
Reaction score
lnk files are shortcuts to programs. You probably don't need to sync those. They are just the shortcut icons on your desktop.

Reaction score
Hi, there I will list some solution which you need to try because this problem can be of various reasons,
1. Check your antivirus- OneDrive Access denied error message can appear due to your antivirus. Some third-party antivirus can sometimes block access to certain directories in order to protect your PC. However, this feature can cause problems with OneDrive, so it’s advised that you disable it.
2. Clear browser cache-
For this solution, we’re going to show you how to clear cache in google chrome but you should know that the process is similar for other browsers. To clear the cache, do the following:
Click the menu icon in the top-right corner and select Settings from the menu. Go to advance setting and click on clear browsing data and you will find.

3.Check the permissions
If certain users are getting OneDrive Access denied error, the problem might be the lack of permissions. To fix this issue, it’s advised that you check if your files and folders are shared properly with users.

Be sure to check the list of users that you share your files with, and make sure that everything is in order. In addition, you might want to change your sharing settings and make your files public.

Ask a Question