Computer Cookies

Reaction score
Does anyone else worry about cookies being dropped on your pc or is it just me being paranoid :oops:

Reaction score
Hi Iceboy,

you cannot really avoid it so learn to live with it by simply setting your browser to delete cookies each time you close it, that is what I do!. :)

Reaction score
Maybe I am not paranoid enough! I like my browser to remember stuff and cookies are the way that happens on some sites.

If you delete them every time you'll just get that annoying cookie message every time you go to a site.

Reaction score
If you're really worried about privacy, you can download the Tor browser (based on firefox). That encrypts your connection through their network and has other layers of privacy built in to it. The browser does run a bit slow.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, yes I value my privacy on the internet. I'm sure it never use to be like this with a load of trackers following you around 24 hrs a day and in therory watching you buy things just to give the information back to the shop you've just been on or keeping your data. I just hope blocking third party cookies is enough.

Reaction score
Third party cookies aren't the biggest privacy offenders. All major browsers collect data. Most like chrome and edge, sell that data. Windows 10 itself is one of the biggest offenders.

Ask a Question