SOLVED Computer says American Megatrends

Reaction score
My desktop when it turns on it says American Megatrends + a few other things (I tried to post a pitcher, it says the uploaded file is to large)

Reaction score
American Megatrends is/was a version of the classic PC BIOS. I haven't seen one for years.

Reaction score
It's normal to see the BIOS POST results displayed on a splash screen for a few seconds as part of the system startup.
The PC should then proceed to boot the Operating System.
If it can't find bootable media and gets stuck in the BIOS then there is something wrong.
As the OP tried to upload a photo of the BIOS screen, the PC may be failing to boot into Windows.

Reaction score
You need to provide more information about the error.
What error messages are displayed on the screen?
Does the PC make any beeping sounds?

Reaction score
no i have to play with it

lol!
You need to be more specific.
It sounds like the BIOS has detected some issue.
Is it asking if you want to boot into safe mode?
What exactly do you have to do to get windows to boot up?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Nothing personal, but if you can't provide the information that's being asked we can't provide adequate help and with that I'm out.

Good luck.

Reaction score
That wasn't so hard, wasn't it?? Remember, none of us sits in front of your computer, just you. The more information we get from you, even if you think it is irrelevant, may lead to the help you need.

cmos checksum error points to a bad battery (those little button cells a.k.a. 2032). If you replace that, you might be able to use your PC again.

Ask a Question