Shopping for new desktop

Reaction score
A few ?`s if I may, please on shopping for a new desktop.
I don`t trust my own judgement :)
I use my pc for some minor records keeping, surfing, learning, some shopping and just general whatever. I don`t need a gaming or hot-rod, but would prefer descent speed. I am unsure whether pc`s from different retailers are any better or worse., Storage and ram would be a must. And last, Price would be somewhat a factor, of course :), I understand completely, that a person gets what they pay for. Warranty and integrity of seller would be a huge factor also....Any and all advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated...Thamks, God`s Grace to alll, I pray...Jim

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What are the specs of your current system?
How much of an upgrade are you looking for?
What is the budget for the purchase?

HP and Dell are generally well respected systems and Intel i5 systems seem to be the sweet spot between price and performance, although practically everything is a matter of some subjectivity, with a dash of personal experience, topped with a dollop of fanaticism

Reaction score
I was sort of window shopping at Dell ( Canada) website. There are some nice machines there. They have come around to the idea that a 256 GB SSD and a 1TB spinner is a good combo

Problem is...you can't seem to order one without McAfee pre-installed and Defender may be a better security system than McAfee.

Reaction score
What are the specs of your current system?
How much of an upgrade are you looking for?
What is the budget for the purchase?

HP and Dell are generally well respected systems and Intel i5 systems seem to be the sweet spot between price and performance, although practically everything is a matter of some subjectivity, with a dash of personal experience, topped with a dollop of fanaticism

I have attached an image of my pc specs. Only reason I am thinking about a new pc, is this one is getting quite old and fear a break-down soon. It does all what I need, just would like a little more operational speed....Thanks... Hope you can make it out... Has been upgraded to w-10 and kept up to date....

Attachments

• PC Specs.PNG
    PC Specs.PNG
    162.9 KB · Views: 178

Ask a Question