SOLVED Files do not stay on 2nd screen desktop.

Reaction score
I can move pdf files to my 2nd screen desktop, and they stay there. When I move a docx file to my 2nd screen, it stays there for that session, but, after a restart, it shows up on the 1st screen. Why does it not stay where I put it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you right click on an empty space on the desktop and select "view", is "auto arrange icons" unchecked?

Can you also go to Settings > Personalisation > Themes. Then scroll down to "desktop icon setting" and click that. Now, make sure that "allow themes to change desktop icons" is unchecked and click "ok".

Reaction score
If you right click on an empty space on the desktop and select "view", is "auto arrange icons" unchecked?

Can you also go to Settings > Personalisation > Themes. Then scroll down to "desktop icon setting" and click that. Now, make sure that "allow themes to change desktop icons" is unchecked and click "ok".

Ian, thank you for the info. Unchecking 'allow themes to change desktop icons' seems to have the effect I want for both PDF and DOCX files. Still, I wonder why PDF files were handled differently than DOCX files and if other filetypes may still be handled differently. But, that, hopefully, is only for 'academic' understanding at this point, since I have not 'experimented' with moving other filetypes to the second display.

Ask a Question