SOLVED Computer to TV

Reaction score
Computer to a TV
Issue: When VGA is connected to Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter monitor screen goes black showing no source signal. TV shows duplicate of the monitor. I’m able to videos from computer to tv with computer sound, With black screen unable to go to display setting to select detect.

Before resetting computer, I was able to connect computer to TV. On display settings menu. When I Click Detect. telling the computer to look for the TV I was connected. There were two squares, labeled 1 and 2, in the display settings window. Computer detected my TV. The only issue I had was AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In

Now if I click multiple display detect I get message: didn’t detect another display. When computer starts up you can see it on the TV. Anything on the monitor screen goes to the TV automatically with a black monitor screen with message no source signal.
Control window logo +P shows project: extend, duplicate etc.
The Radeon setting it shows : Display 1 spec(hp 2011, dvi-d(AMD Radeon (tm) r4 graphics))
monitor connection: DVI with HDMI connected to tower
VGA from tower to converter, HDMI from converter to TV

TV input: HDMI
How do I fix this problem?
Specification
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Name DESKTOP-0U0NGDR
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP Slimline Desktop PC 270-a0xx
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A6-9200 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI F.21, 11/3/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.45 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.73 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.26 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.10 GB
CPU: AMD K15 57 °C Stoney Ridge Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel Unknown (?-0-0-0)
Motherboard: HP 82FF (P0) 36 °C
Graphics: HP 2011 (1600x900@60Hz)
512MB ATI AMD Radeon R4 Graphics (HP) 56 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0 (SATA ) 45 °C
14GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device (USB )

Optical Drives
hp PLDS DVDRW DU8AESH USB Device

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Reaction score
Are you sure that the settings aren't stuck on the wrong display I know I always have trouble with which is 1 and which is 2.

I can run Hdmi from my computer directly to my TV with out any converter so it's pretty simple for me.

What happens when you disconnect the computer cable to the TV at the computer end, does the monitor come back on.

I notice that your monitor setting is 1600 by 900 thats pretty low for a Desktop PC can it be set to match the TV which is probably 1080?.

If so what number does it identify as and what happens if you reconnect the TV?

Does the TV show up as a source?

It's hard for me to guess but I'd start by getting it working normally with the monitor make sure your drivers are up to date and then try plug everything back in and tell it to duplicate the display.

I see that your computer has one Hdmi port, I assume that you are using that for your monitor?

If you can't get it to work Amazon has an Hdmi cable splitter for $10.99 you might want to try that and avoid the converter.

amazon.com/HDMI-Switch-4K-Splitter-Bi-Directional/dp/B079JQ9XXV/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=hdmi+splitter&qid=1552668197&s=gateway&sr=8-3

You can switch where the output goes with a button and the light will show you where the output is directed.

Mike

Last edited:
Reaction score
Issue solved
Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor
Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.
Turn off computer
Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.
Step 2: Tun off computer
Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select
System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2
D Click on Advanced Display Settings:
Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV
E Right-click the Speakers icon in the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,
a s tv screen with my brand shows AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.
F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter
Advanced Display setting:
HP 2011x led back lit led monitor
Display 1 connected to amd radeon(tm) R4 graphics
desktop resolution 1920 x1080
active resolution: 1600 x900
Panasonic tv
display 2 connected to amd radeon(tm) R4 graphics
desktop resolution: 1920 x1080
active resolution:1920 x 1080
Graphic information
Radeon Software Version - 19.1.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics
Memory Size - 512 MB
Memory Type - DDR4
Core Clock - 600 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD A6-9200 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G

Able to duplicate from desktop to TV
Issue: in Extend Display on the theme from desktop shows on TV. Not showing icons.
Question: How do I mirror desktop images to TV?

Reaction score
Hi

Make sure that the TV is set to the HDMI from the computer, mine says "HDMi2" so that the computer will recognize it.
Right click on the desktop and select Display Settings.

Find Multiple Displays, click Detect.

If it finds the TV you should see the option to mirror the two displays.

Mike

Reaction score
Hi
If I click om detect I get a message didn't detect another display.
I have two square 1 and 2
When I click on identify on 1, the number 1 pops up
When I click identify on 2 the number 1 pops ups instead of 2 (here is the problem)
Advanced setting shows display 1 monitor display 2 TV
It appears the problem is that it not detecting 2
In multiple display the options I have : extend these displays
clicking on the arrow: duplicate these displays, show only on 1, show only on 2
no mirror display

Reaction score
I'm just not sure what's going on, If it is showing display 1 and 2 it's seeing both displays what happens if you click on duplicate these displays? I think that is the correct terminology not mirror now that you mention it.

I just discovered that my new computer has 3 display port connections and only one Hdmi port so I had to order a converter myself to connect it to my TV. My old computer had several Hdmi ports. I'm using my Hdmi port for my monitor.

The adapter won't be here until tomorrow I'll know more after I get it and do this myself with my new computer.

But I think that if you are seeing 1 and 2 it's detecting your TV. When you click identify the number 2 should pop up on the TV not on your monitor.

Reaction score
If I click identify on square 1, 1 shows on my desktop, 2 shows on TV
If I click identify on square 2 , 1 shows on my desktop, 2 shows on TV
If I click on duplicate these displays selecting show only on i, whatever is on the desktop is on the TV.
The problem is monitor aspect ration.
Monitor maximum graphics resolution (HP 2011x/ 2011xi/ 2011s) is 1600 x 900 @ 60Hz
Need to get another monitor such as 2211f / 2211x: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
What is mirror from desktop to TV is desktop theme and taskbar on the bottom part of TV.
Sometimes I get images from desktop to TV
Thank you for your time.
Paul

Reaction score
It helps if your TV and Monitor are the same resolutions.

That used to be easy when everything was standard HD but now my TV is I think 1920 by 1080, and my Computer is 3440 by 1440, however when I had my HDMI cable hooked up to the TV it did seem to display correctly I'm not sure what was being cut off.

But it will adjust to some extent at least. My adapter is supposed to show up today and I'll get it set up to do both and I'll see what happens and report back in the next couple of days.

Reaction score
The TV and monitor have to be the same resolution to work correctly. I'm able to duplicate from desktop to TV.
I'm buying a HP FHD 1920 x1080 monitor. I should then be able to mirror.
The aspect ratio resolution has to be adjusted in order to display correctly.
Did the adapter solve your problem?

Reaction score
I haven't installed it yet but it did arrive, I'll try and do it later today.

I'll post back when I find out. The reason that I'm using the HDMI port for my monitor was that the onboard graphics have problems displaying at the resolution and aspect ratio of my monitor when using the display port. I could see the display on my TV but the monitor stayed black until the video card kicked in. Once the Video card was running I could see both OK but I was just setting up my computer and didn't pay much attention to what was on the TV at the time. So I'm not sure how well it was working.

I only have one HDMI port on my video card so I had to get the adapter.

Ask a Question