Connection problem

Reaction score
Hi
Every now and again my internet drops out twice a day maybe on my pc with the yellow triangle over the connection icon but WiFi to the iPads stay connected. Could this be a Ethernet cable problem as for the moment I,m running the pc internet through WiFi connection which seems fine at the moment , is there any particular Ethernet cable to use if this is the problem. My set up is VM 100mb and the pc is connected with internet power adapters may be these could be the problem grateful for any help
Regards
Paul

Reaction score
I am thinking those power adapters are the culprit. I could never get a stable connection with those and rather pull a network cable all the way to the router. Most cables are at least Cat5 or Cat6 nowadays anyway.

Reaction score
Those power adapters are most likely the problem. Run the cable.

Depending on many things that the decision nowadays is between CAT5e and CAT6. How fast is you PC network card and your router. Is it a long pull or just the next room and so on. I just installed a cable to my basement to run 1Gbs. The marginal cost difference between CAT5e and CAT6 was so low ( for a 25 ft cable) I got the CAT6.

Ask a Question