Metered connection problem

Reaction score
I have not updated any of my Windows 7 computers to W10 because of MIcrosoft's total control over updates as my internet connection is a metered (12 GB) 4g lte wireless plan with Sprint . I understand that some concession is allowed for wireless connections, but I'm not sure exactly what that means. My setup is the Sprint wireless connection with a Cradlepoint router via Netgear aircard. I have two desktop PC's connected to the router via ethernet cable and occasionally laptops and tablets with wireless connections. If the desktop PC,s ethernet connections to the router were replaced with wireless adapters and a wireless connection to the router, would they qualify as a wifi metered connection by Microsoft and allow me some control over the updates ? Curiously, will Microsoft ever decide to modify their decision to unconditionally send updates for W10 and allow the user to decide if and when to download as Windows 7 now does ? - this would allow millions more users in rural areas with limited data usage plans (satellite and wireless) a good incentive to upgrade to Winows 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If the desktop PC,s ethernet connections to the router were replaced with wireless adapters and a wireless connection to the router, would they qualify as a wifi metered connection by Microsoft and allow me some control over the updates ?
I believe so. Checking my wife's desktop upstairs which only has a USB wifi dongle to support networking I see....

MeteredConnection.PNG

Ask a Question