Ethernet metered connection:

Reaction score
No! Just metered WiFi. I don't think they will even consider metered ethernet.

Reaction score
To do metered ethernet I think they would have to know all about the router/modem OR have Windows actually do a speedtest. But even if the speed was good the user could be on a connection that only allowed a few GB per month, i.e using a cell phone hotspot on a limited data plan. FWIW I did that for a couple of hours when my wife was in hospital and it burns through ones data plan like crazy just doing email.

So they can only assume that the presence of an ethernet connection means plenty of speed and plenty of data.
Unfortunate for those who are in the deep countryside.

The answer for Havelina might be to connect the PC wifi even if it means buying a Wifi dongle.

Reaction score
If it might help any, in settings - network there is a Data usage option. I am running on wireless so not sure it is available for Ethernet but you might check.

Reaction score
If it might help any, in settings - network there is a Data usage option. I am running on wireless so not sure it is available for Ethernet but you might check.

Saltgrass I run both. That is, Laptop WiFi, Desktop Ethernet. The option (metered) is only available for wireless connectivity.

Ask a Question