Metered connection

Reaction score
Microsoft states that 'ethernet network connections can't be set to metered'. My internet connection is through my router which uses a Netgear aircard to connect to Sprint 4GLte with a 12 GB limit.. However, I'm linked to the router via ethernet cable. Does this setup prevent me from setting my connection to metered in Windows 10 ?

Reaction score
As far as I know you can only set a wireless connection to metered. It doesn't make sense to me because of situations like yours. But unless there is some option on the Netgear card to meter you may be stuck without moving to a wireless connection.

Otherwise, what is your goal which would require you to use a metered connection?

Reaction score
The Netgear card is setup by the router.s firmware and I have no control from the pc. .Curiously, If a wireless adapter rather than ethernet was used to connect to the router allow for the metered connection to be set.

Ask a Question